Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Simple One Bowl Brownies...and more Awards!

Since my daughter Lora came back from Italy recently...I had about 2 nights of sleep in my own place, my poor kitties hanging around me and sleeping on my bed, which my little Persian hardly ever does except if it's storming outside, that can also be the reason why she snuggle up at the foot of my med on her very own little pillow.
Now, I'm back again house and dog sitting for a beautiful black Lab at my son's house only a few blocks away from my daughter, and myself. They are off to NY city, and to the country in NY state for two weeks. After all, d-in-law Cara's family resides in NY...so more the reason to visit! BTW-if any of you friends out there need a good pet sitter out there, just give me a holler...LOL, I'm getting really good at this for the last few years now.
I'm really good company for pets...dogs, or cats...they understand my "language" and actually really miss me when I leave, but in this case I don't go far.
This is the simplest one-bowl brownie you'll ever make, and this time I drizzle a simple sugar glaze on it, and just made a design with a fork to pull to one side...but you have to work fast with the design, as you can see the sugar glaze hardens really fast, which is good, because your don't want it to be a sticky gooey mess.
After you have the ingredients mixed in one bowl, all you have to do is to pour the batter into an aluminum lined 8x8 bake pan and bake for no longer than 20 minutes for a fudgy result...I baked it for 25 minutes, not so dense and overly fudgy!


Simple One Bowl Brownies
adapted from All Recipes.com

4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter or margarine is melted.
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts
4. Spread in greased 8 x 8 inch pan. Bake for 20- 25 minutes (do not over bake).

For the glaze:
I used 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1 Tbsp of whole milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Just mix all together in a small bowl, with a fork, and drizzle over top of the brownies after you have cut them. Important to cut the brownies first, so drizzle will not be messed up, You can see in the above photo, how I did, and also made design with fork pulling in one motion. By the time I got to the last row, the glaze had already dried...so it's a good sign.)


My spoiled and pampered kitties...home alone!
I have to apologize to you all for not being able to upload...or even copy and paste the second award I wanted to pay forward to you...I am working on my son Joe's computer, and apparently he has a tight security system where it prohibits, copying, and pasting...although I was able to finally upload the award after a few attempted mistakes, but now I don't know which file I put it into. (I'm in so much trouble when son finds this...LOL)...at some point I will be going to my place to check on my kitties, and will try to upload it from mine, and pay it forward!
Finally did go to my place, and was able to copy and paste the award...will pay it forward...actually getting there, now!





 ...and now, for the 2nd award received from Purabi, Cosmopolitan Currymania...thank you Purabi!


I would like to pay forward to 15 bloggers this really nice award...congratulations...well deserved! I do apologize for missing out others, but I still have one more award from Purabi!
Enhanced by Zemanta
Petra

mellissina2


Mari


Christine's Pantry


marisz57

Claudia-What's Cookin' Italian Style Cuisine

Magic of Spice

mangiabella

Junia

Parsley Sage

Sandra

Kathy


SKIP TO MALOU

Quay Po Cooks

Chic & Gorgeous Treats

55 comments:

Three-Cookies said...

One bowl brownies are so convenient, I made something similar with semolina few days ago. Saves on extra washing:)

purabi naha said...

These brownies are looking so tempting...I am going to eat atleast a dozen. Well done Elisabeth, your recipes are the ones on which we can rely on. Thanks for this yet another wonderful recipe!

Mari said...

Elisabeth these look DELICIOUS!!! Love the glaze on top. Happy Tuesday!

laurie said...

I was once the pet sitter in our family,, its a very satisfying occupation,(wink wink),, I love animals and was always willing to sit with family and friends pets,, that and I didn't work outside the home,,you sound like you enjoy it too.You have beautfiul cats,, really lovely.These brownies sound wonderful!!

mangiabella said...

oh I love the addition of the glaze on these, I must make them for my husband being the chocolate lover that he is. Your kittles are so precious, just precious!!!!

Petra said...

Szuper ez a brownie recept! Nagyon guszták, be is tudnék most kapni párat... :D
Micsoda kényelmes cicák. Édesek!

Kati said...

Még sosem ettem brownit, de nagyon jól néz ki.

Swathi said...

Elisabeth these brownies are perfect and love to dig in. I don't have any pet. when my little one is slightly older we may get a dog.

Parsley Sage said...

Looks soooo good! Those are the most spoilediest looking kitties every :) They're looking good too!

Nami @ Just One Cookbook said...

Hmmm! One bowl? This recipe is calling me. Definitely for me who's lazy to bake. =P Your kitties are so cute!

Veronica's Kitchen said...

Look at your cat's long tail, they are so lucky to rest at your bed! Animals have the instinct to know which person is animal lover and they will come to you. Your brownie looks so artistic and delicious, too. Would love to have you look after my house if we're going away so I don't have to send my dog to the dog motel!

Becky said...

I love one bowl recipes and your brownies look fantastic. You can never have too many brownie recipes, especially for the chocoholics:)

Sandra said...

This looks fantastic..what a great recipe and pictures...Awww your kitties are adorable..
Ohh almost forgot, congrats on well deserved award!!
Have fun pet sitting..:))

aipi said...

Hi Elisabeth ~ you gave me some serious brownie craving :) Totally love the pic with the perfectly cut squares with sugar glaze pattern ~ too hard to resist :DD
US Masala

Kathy said...

Elizabeth, Your brownies look so delicious with the glaze..such nice photos! Such beautiful kitties…they should be spoiled! Congrats on your awards!

Junia said...

i love brownies!!! these look dangerously good. :D awww you are such a good mom. :)

Dzoli said...

Maybe simple but that won;t stop us.Brownies are yummy stuff;)

The Mistress of Spices said...

These sound like some simple but amazing brownies! I wish I was having one for breakfast right now! Lovely photographs too!!!

SKIP TO MALOU said...

i was reading your post but it took me a long time because I was distracted by your brownies. I go back to the first few lines and oppps my eyes slips down and stares the rich chocolatey, divine looking brownies and shhh it's almost 3 am here hahah. I have to have those brownies! they are killing me!

LaMagicaZucca said...

Surfing through the blogs, I ended up here.
What good are your recipes and photos.
Offer some interesting points, congratulations.
I addition to your supporters so you do not lose sight of.
If you like, go and see, you're welcome.
Excuse my English

ping said...

The brownies look lovely and I love the glaze on them. One question? Since everyone's away, who eats all of that? Pity I'm so far away ... drool.
Btw, your cats are gorgeous and they certainly look as spoilt as mine when they're on my bed.

Bianka said...

Nagyon szeretem a brownit

Pacheco Patty said...

Hi Elizabeth, congrats on your awards and now you've got me craving chocolate- which is really not hard to do;-) Hope you're having a great week!

Sandra said...

Awww thanks for thinking of me Elisabeth..how sweet! I am honored and it will be my pleasure to accept this award from you!!!

SKIP TO MALOU said...

I came to receive my award and Im so thrilled! Thank you Elisabeth for the award. It's been a long while since I have awarded one haha... thanks again!
xo,
Malou

Italy Travel said...

Those look absolutely divine! Can't wait to try.

mellissina2 said...

Elizabeth!! Tényleg kaptam egy díjat Tőled ismét??
Köszönöm,nagyon kedves vagy!!!!Megtisztelsz!!!!
puszil Piroska!!!!!!!!!!

mellissina2 said...

Jövök enni a brownit!!!!

claudia lamascolo said...

veru delicous who could go wrong with chocolate!

Christine's Pantry said...

Brownies look wonderful. I was just thinking about getting up and getting a snack, sure wish I had one or two of your brownies. Love your kitties... so cute!

Congrats on your award!

Thank you so much for thinking about me. I truly appreciate it!

Monet said...

I love brownies...and I love a simple recipe like this. Seeing the pictures of your kitties made me miss my own Cricket! Thank you for sharing. This looks so delicious! And thanks for making me smile tonight (you always do), and I hope you are having a week full of love and joy. Hugs and love.

Angie's Recipes said...

Eli, I love one bowl brownies, wishing all the cakes recipes could have been just as simple and divine as like this!
Your two kitties are so adorable!
xoxo
Angie

Lyndsey said...

Aww your kitties are so cute. Funny I had just mentioned pet sitting in my post too. Sorry it took me so long to get here. My computer takes forever...need to do something about that!

Lovely brownies Elisabeth, you gotta love the simple one bowl brownie. Great photo!

Sanjeeta kk said...

How gorgeous those brownies look...perfect squares and lovely dark chocolaty color!

Pegasuslegend said...

Hi there, wow you are one fabulous blogger, I have never seen so many well deserved awards and your a sweetheart for sharing.. I almost scooped up the kitty picture too! they are adorable... your brownies are absolutely welcome on our table here anyday we all love them a favorites dessert thanks for the award! I am honored again to add to the list of favorites http://pegasuslegend-whatscookin.blogspot.com/p/my-favorite-foodies-on-blogosphere.html

marisz57 said...

Kedves Elizabeth!
Most nagyon zavarban vagyok a díj miatt.
Megérdemeltem én ezt?
köszönettel elfogadom és igyekszem rászolgálni.
Browniet még nem ettem és nem sütöttem, majd egyszer biztosan sort kerítek rá, annyira jól néznek ki a tieid.A cicák az ágyon helyesek, a fekete macskádat pedig jól megdögönyöztem!Puszi.

laurie said...

I just came to thank you for the kind words on my blog today,,

Petra said...

Drága Elisabeth! Nagyon szépen köszönöm, megtisztelő :)

Mari said...

I love these brownies...I can't resist them. I did brownies for my daughter the 18th, after looking at these again, I have to do more :) Thank you so much for the award, and thinking of me AGAIN. I love the award.

Xoxoxo

Brenda said...

Wow, those brownies couldn't be any easier Elisabeth and brownies are one of my son's favourite things to eat. I should be a good Mom and make him some. :o) Love your cats! I have two of my own and they're terribly spoiled. Have a great weekend!

Rick said...

Those brownies look wonderful!

mangiabella said...

thank u so much bella for including me in this wonderful award!! SO fun!!! I loved reading your thoughts on listening and it inspired me to contemplate the other side of the coin for this next post I just posted on our words...you are a treasure!

Tina (PinayInTexas) said...

I couldn't say no to those brownies! They just look divine!
Congrats on your awards, Elisabeth! Well deserved!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Elisabeth, I come congratulate you on the well deserved award and to collect mine. Also to give you a big bear hug for thinking of me:D Now can I have a piece of your brownies? hehe Enjoy your weekend with your lovely kitties!

Emma said...

I just love the pic of your kitties lying in the sun!

Lovely brownies, I've never thought to put a sugar glaze on them before :)

Magic of Spice said...

My dear you would be lovely company for us un-furry creatures as well, not surprised they miss you :)
These brownies look too good right now...I need this with my coffee! And thank you so much for the award very much appreciated and very honored :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend...

Lizzy said...

You are such a wonderful mama...and your grand-pets must adore you as much as your children and grandchildren. We've been in and out of town so much this month, it's been hard to keep up with all my favorite blogs. I'm so glad I stopped by as this simple brownie recipe looks perfect for my busy week ahead. The gang will surely want something chocolate...and I love the glaze. Thanks for sharing!!! xoxo

The KitchenMaid said...

Those brownies look gorgeous - and the frosting is very artistic. Congrats on your well-deserved awards too!

Chic & Gorgeous Treats said...

Sweet sweet Elisabeth: Not sure why my comment didn't appear. Just realised it's not here in the list. THANK YOU SO MUCH for another lovely award. I keep thanking you all the time.. wish I could say more. I truly appreciate your support and encouragement you've given me all this while. If it wasn't you spreading the word about me, I doubt I will meet other foodies alike. Hopefully we do get to meet one day and am sure we will have ball. Do take care and a great HUGE HUGGIES from me...xoxo.. Jo

The Harried Cook said...

Those brownies look really, really good! I love the way you've drizzled the glaze... You are very artistic :) Thanks for sharing! And congrats on another award! You deserve it :)

Una Semplice Passione said...

I've never made Brownies so far. Maybe this is the perfect recipe to begin with :D

Foodafok said...

Nagyon csodás sütikék!!

Roxana GreenGirl said...

Congrats on the awards Elisabeth, you deserve them all and much much more.
i don't think I ever mention how much I hate doing dishes so one bowl cakes are always a winner in my books.
this brownie looks great, love the icing drizzle on top.

aww, the kitties look like they own the place :))

martinelli said...

I've never made brownies before, but looking forward to, so this is the perfect time for me to say thanks for sharing this recipe with us. I will use it soon.

Pet sitting Mckinney said...

Love this blog, keep up the great work wish you all the best.

Pet sitting Mckinney